Road tests including the GDL Advanced Road Test.
All classes of road tests are offered at Lethbridge Vehicle.
Class 1,2,3,4,5, 5(advanced) and 6 road tests are available by appointment and are offered 6 days a week.
Please drop by for an appointment. With the new booking system implemented by the Government of Alberta, we will no longer be able to accept bookings over the phone.
**NEW ROAD TEST POLICY**
All road tests MUST be paid at the time of booking.
If the exam is not paid & confirmed, your appointment will be forfitted to another client.
We can take only payment in person at our office. You will also have the option to book your roadtest online through www.eservices.alberta.ca and select Lethbridge Vehicle as your location of choice for your road test to take place.
The cost of road tests are:
Class 1 – $ 217
Class 2 – $ 167
Class 3 – $ 155
Class 4 $141
Class 5 BASIC $83
Class 5 ADVANCED $138
Class 6 $143
All prices are subject to GST
When going for your road test you must provide the appropriate type of vehicle for a road test.
-Class 1 exam you must provide a tractor-trailer
-Class 2 exam you must provide a bus with a seating capacity exceeding 24 including the operator
-Class 3 exam you must provide a single motor vehicle having three or more axles.
-Class 4 & 5 exam you must provide any two axle motor vehicle excluding a motorcycle
-Class 6 exam you must provide a motorcycle (if taking the exam on a trike, please inform us at the time of booking)
You are responsible for supplying a suitable vehicle for your road test.
The vehicle must have the following:
· valid insurance, plates, and registration
· working signals, horn, speedometer, parking brake, doors, seatbelts, mirrors, etc.
· safe tires, brakes, steering, fuel, exhaust, etc.
– enough gas to drive for the duration of the road test (min 1/2 tank)
– if there is a windshield crack & it obstructs the driver or passenger’s view of the road, this vehicle can not be used
The test determines your abilities to:
· observe & obey the rules of the road and traffic control devices
· operate the vehicle in reverse
· maintain speed at proper levels
· signal, turn, change lanes, etc.
· parallel and hill parking
During the road test no pets or passengers (including children) other than the driver examiner are allowed in the vehicle.
Geared to Go a workbook for coaching new drivers is available online or through our office. This is NOT intended to take the place of professional driver training, however it can be used to coach your new driver.