Driver Licensing

Renewing an Operator’s Licence

1. Bring your current licence and renewal form to Lethbridge Vehicle

2. Prove you are who you say you are through the new identity and residency confirmation process.

3. A 5 year license renewal is $ 93.00

4. Turn in your old licence and receive an *interim licence, valid for 30 days. Your new card will arrive in the mail within 7 to 10 business days of your application. If not, call the number on the interim licence immediately – don’t wait until it has expired. Drive safely. 

 *An interim licence only validates that you are authorized to operate a motor vehicle. It cannot be used for identification. Plan ahead – carry other identification to prove who you are

Vehicle Licensing

Lethbridge Vehicle offers all types of vehicle registration. Yearly registration for all passenger license plates is $93.00.

Commercial and Farm registation price varies due to weight.

For new vehicle registration you will need to bring in the following:

1. New Vehicle Information Sheet (NVIS) (only if this is a BRAND NEW Vehicle)

2. The Bill of Sale or Lease Agreement.

  • The Bill of Sale MUST be original. We cannot accept faxed, emailed or digital copies of the Bill of Sale. If any corrections are made on the Bill of Sale, it must be initialed by both the buyer and the seller.
  • If vehicle has been sold to more than one person, both people must be present at time of    registration or a letter of authorization (link below) from the person who cannot come into our office.

3. The Insurance (pink card) in the same name(s) as on the Bill of Sale or Lease agreement.

4. Driver’s license(s)

5. BEFORE purchasing your new-to-you vehicle, we suggest doing a Vehicle Information Report to be sure you are able to register the vehicle in Alberta. There are government regulations regarding registering used vehicles.

Renewing a Vehicle Registration

1. Insurance Pink Slip
2. Driver’s license

– Passenger vehicle includes all cars / trucks / motor homes / vans being used for personal use only -Motorcycle includes all on and off-road motorcycles and ATVs

Farmers wishing to register their vehicles in the farm category must also meet Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development criteria. To obtain more information, call 1-800-232-7387.