A Marriage License is only valid for 3 months in the province of Alberta. – Both partners must be present in order to apply for the Marriage License.
- Both partners must present proper Identification; eg: Drivers License / ID Card / Passport / Indian Status / Permanent Resident Card / Citizenship Card
- If either party has been divorced, they must bring in a Certificate of Divorce. (you can obtain a Divorce Certificate from the courthouse)
- If either party has been widowed, no proof is required, just notify our staff.
- Both parties are required to provide the names & birthplaces of their parents.
- The fee for a Marriage License is $ 80.00.
Download our application form for a more convenient service
**** Please allow ½ hour for Marriage License application ****
There are additional requirements for special circumstances.
Eg: client(s) require an interpreter, client(s) are under 18 years, client(s) are mentally challenged.*
** Contact our office to find out what is required for these special circumstances **
Check the Service Alberta Website for listings of Marriage Commissioners for an Officiate in your area.